Social networks are part of our day to day, we need to share and share what we do. This transferred to the professional is even more important. That is why we will now show you a list of the WordPress plugins for social media sharing.
For this simple reason, it is essential to use social buttons in WordPress because in a simple way we can encourage the user to help us spread our content very quickly and simply.
It will also allow any user who visits your blog content to share it in their personal accounts and this is wonderful.
Do you see the potential it has? Including social buttons in WordPress you will allow a double function:
- Increase followers in your social networks and strengthen your personal brand
- Get your publications to have greater reach.
Faced with this need and forced integration into any web page at present, in this post We will show you the best plugins to add social buttons in WordPress.
In a very simple way, you will be able to increase the reach of your publications and followers in different accounts.
Table of content:
- What to look for when choosing WordPress plugin for social media sharing?
- 7 Best WordPress Plugins for Social Media Sharing:
- Other great Social Media Sharing Plugins
The 3 most important things you have to look at are:
It is important that you choose a plugin that does not excessively slow down the loading time of your blog, since that will cause many visitors to leave even before they see the content. In addition, Google likes blogs that load fast, which is beneficial for SEO.
This means that the plugin has to adapt its size and visual appearance to the smaller screens of mobile devices.
Think that every time the mobile Internet traffic is bigger and that it is very likely that a large number of visits to your blog are made from a mobile device (phone or tablet).
If your blog and the plugins you use do not show a good appearance on a small screen it is very likely that the user does not want to continue browsing.
Yes, the buttons to share on social networks have to be very visual and fit with the design of your blog.
And although the two previous aspects are much more important than the visual aspect, if you can, it is also something to keep in mind.
The more beautiful and striking your blog buttons are, the easier it will be for your readers to notice them and want to share your entries on their social networks by clicking on them.
Therefore, these are the 3 aspects that I will focus on in this list of plugins that I have prepared for you
Go for it!
7 Best WordPress Plugins for Social Media Sharing:
There are many plugins to share on social networks. I’m sure you will be able to find what you need on the official WordPress repository.
There are some paid plugins but in the list that you are going to see they are all free and as you can see in the article, these have many downloads and excellent ratings.
Do you want to put WhatsApp icons, floating sidebar, and customize it to your need? Let’s see them.
It is very simple to use. When you install and activate the plugin you will have a single panel with very basic options.
- Choose from the social networks that the plugin offers: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Whatsapp.
- Possibility of using shortcodes so that you insert the icons in the place you want within your website.
- Choose the position of the buttons where you want your content to be shared (below the post, before the content or above and below)
The plugin is responsive and although simple, without floating bars and customizations, it can be enough to spread your content while saving the maximum loading speed of your website.
Sassy Social Share is one of the best WordPress plugins for social media sharing.
Although it may seem that you have many options, it is actually very simple to configure and above all, it is a great plugin.
It is very good and is the one you need if you want to have a floating bar and you need to include more social networks since Sassy Social includes all the social networks that exist
- You can choose sizes to your liking.
- Choose the background colors of the buttons or border colors.
- Set different positions (lateral, up, down …).
- It also allows you to choose which pages you want the social buttons to be displayed.
- Activate or not the option of more.
- Show or not the social accountants.
- Customize the shape of buttons (circular, square, or rectangular).
- Selection of pages to display the buttons.
- Enter the text you want to invite to share.
- Possibility of using shortcodes.
- 100% Responsive
As you can see this plugin is great and it’s free.
3. Scriptless Social Sharing
With few options, Scriptless Social Sharing allows us to show the social share buttons in WordPress and is 100% responsive.
- Possibility to show only icons or icons with text.
- Adjust sizes.
- Sort the icons as you want them to be displayed.
- Choose where to display (up, down, or manually).
- Includes Whataspp, Pocket, or Telegram.
It does not offer a floating sidebar but it is simple and very good.
Simple Social Media Share Buttons is a very good plugin to share on social media platforms with a floating bar option. It has many options but it is very easy to handle just like the rest of the best WordPress plugins for social media sharing on ours list.
- Includes Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, WhatsApp, email, Pinterest …
- By dragging and dropping you can choose which buttons you want to display.
- It includes different display formats (rectangular, round, radial, official icons …).
- You can also choose in a simple click were to show them (floating sidebar, up or down, pop up or a corner).
- Different options for dialing, for example, have the option of displaying social counters.
- Choose on the pages where you want them to appear.
- It is another simple to use and very powerful plugin.
5. Grow by Mediavine (formerly Social Pug)
With Grow by Mediavine, we can configure the buttons and shapes of them very easily. Buttons can be displayed before or after the content, or in a floating sidebar on the left or right of the page
What does this WordPress plugin for social media sharing allow us?
- 10+ Social Networks
- Custom Shareable Content
- Multiple Share Button Locations
- Google Analytics and Bitly Integrations
- Share Count Recovery
- Click to Tweet
- Retina-Ready Icons
6. Social warfare
Social warfare is a premium plugin but its free version is great.
What can we do with this WordPress plugin for social media sharing?
- With a floating bar, it allows us to show in a very attractive way the social networks that you want to use for your social media blog.
- The free version includes Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, or Pinterest.
- Show social counters.
- Choose where to display the buttons.
- Choose where the floating bar is displayed by setting the size of it.
The paid version includes much more, for example, more social networks, more customization, click to tweet, or the possibility of recovering the social counters that can be lost when migrating to https.
Accesspress Social Share contains basic networks and is very simple to configure.
- It does not include the sidebar option but has interesting options.
- You can choose where to display the buttons.
- Includes networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Digg, email, or Print.
- Choose different designs (circular, round, diamond …).
- Enable or not social accountants.
- It allows you to recover the counters you had in Http if you migrate to https.
- It allows us to choose which sites of the web they are shown.
Although it does not have a floating sidebar option, it is very good.
With more than 500,000 active installations AddToAny Share Buttons show how powerful it is and deserves to be on the list of the best WordPress plugins for social media sharing.
- It includes a floating sidebar.
- Choose the size of the buttons as well as transparency or customize the icons with the colors you want.
- Possibility to use absolutely all the social networks you want.
- “+” Button option so that when you click the rest of the chosen social networks are displayed and you can hide the ones you prefer.
- Choose where to display the buttons.
- Enter the text you want.
- Show or not the social accountants.
- It includes options to include CSS in case you want to customize the plugin even more.
- Choose the position of the bar and determine the settings to be 100% adaptable and responsive.
An amazing free plugin.
Other great Social Media Sharing Plugins
This well-known plugin includes a lot of very interesting features, but in this article, I will only focus on those that have to do with sharing on social networks.
With it, you can add social sharing buttons almost anywhere on your blog. In addition, it also allows you to connect to a lot of social networks (18 in particular) and customize the shape and colors of the buttons.
And it allows you to add counters to know how many times a post has been shared and on which social networks.
I’m sure you’ve seen that sidebar with a blue button underneath it that has a crown more than once on a blog. Well, that’s the Sumo plugin.
It also has another quite interesting function, it allows you to add share buttons on top of the images.
If the images are important in your blog this feature will come in handy because the image is shared plus a link to the post of your blog where it is.
Therefore, the CTR rate increases, since we always pay more attention to things that are shared when there is an image than when there is not.
And another very interesting function that it includes is Sumo highlighter, which allows the visitor to share the text they select from a post.
In other words, if you have this function enabled and a visitor selects a phrase from your post a button will appear to share that phrase on their social networks along with a link to your blog.
It is not a widely used function because not everyone likes it. But well, if you do like this plugin you can use it 😉
It is also totally responsive, so it looks good on any mobile and tablet screen.