WordPress is a excellent CMS. There is no website that you cannot create with this famous website platform. More than 30% of the world’s websites are designed with WordPress. Many of the popular sites that you can see when browsing are created with this great CMS.
In this article you will see 10 popular types of websites that you can create with WordPress . In addition, at the end of the article, you will be able to read a list of famous web examples created with it.
WordPress stands out for being very versatile. Therefore you can create everything with him, from a simple personal blog to really complex sites.
Table of content:
- Types of websites that you can create with WordPress
- Personal WordPress Websites
- Corporate WordPress Websites
- Ecommerce WordPress Websites
- Magazine and Newspaper Website
- Educational Websites
- Entertainment Website
- Sports WordPress Websites
- Travel WordPress Websites
- Blog WordPress Websites
- More types of WordPress Websites
Types of websites that you can create with WordPress
WordPress started in 2003 as a platform to create simple blogs. Its potentials were quickly noticed, which caused its rapid and fast growth. The reception he received was great and quickly began to create a large community.
Soon it began to generate content on the internet with which to help all kinds of people who want to create their website regardless of the type it is.
Personal WordPress Websites
WordPress with its default installation already has a personal blog .
You can launch website and start to create posts and pages immediately. So you already have a simple website. But is that what you should do? No, it would be a mistake not to use many more options included with It. They gives us the ability to create a really attractive and functional blog or personal website. Thanks to its famous plugins, WordPress allows you to create any type of blog on any subject you want to.
To create a personal blog there is already Blogger or Wix that are free, right? Yes and no. If your idea is to create a blog as a hobby where you can explain your trips, anecdotes or curiosities, you can design your website on this type of platform. But if you really want to appear in the search engines and make your personal website your livelihood, you have to invest a small amount annually on a platform like WordPress.
WordPress at the SEO level offers much more. If we talk about design there is no comparison. Infinity of plugins and layout tools that WordPress offers is incredible.
Anything you see on the internet and want to replicate can be done easily thanks to Gutenberg and / or visual editors such as the well-known Elementor Page Builder. Both have a multitude of functionalities to complete your website. But you must know each one to know which one you should use.
For this reason, many celebrities put their hands on WordPress for their personal web pages:
Official site of the famous singer with a website created entirely in WordPress. You can easily navigate through it to see the biography or listen to her music online. It is a clean design website with the online store on an external platform outside of WordPress.
The fastest man in the world has his website in WordPress. With very well differentiated sections and an accessible menu, it offers the possibility of browsing biography, news, photos, videos or external store.
Ricky Martin, Antonio Banderas…. and many, many more public figures use WordPress to.
Corporate WordPress Websites
If you have a national, international or local business, WordPress allows you to create a really attractive design.
It doesn’t matter if you want to show your services in your city, in your country or in the rest of the world. You are going to be able to create custom menus, personalized sections at the design level, buttons, images or effects.
Visual editors like the one already mentioned, includes corporate web templates by default. With them you can easily create website thanks to spectacular designs.
Renault Group is a French multinational car manufacturer that uses this popular CMS with a corporate website.
The huge company Sony is also betting on this CMS. The website has a huge music catalog, access to artists and more than one news blog.
Even the White House itself uses WordPress.
Ecommerce WordPress Websites
If you thought you could only create an online store on platforms like Prestashop or Magento, you are wrong. Five out of ten online stores are created with WordPress and specifically with its WooCommerce system.
There are other plugins such as Easy Digital Downloads. But the truth is that WooCommerce is the favorite and as a tool it is much more complete. WooCommerce is a plugin that allows you to include all the products you need. You can design an attractive online store with enormous sales possibilities.
If we combine all the WordPress functionalities with those of WooCommerce we will be able to create, not only spectacular designs. It will also allow us to integrate the extra functionalities that we want:
- Deferred payments.
- Product variables.
- Filter options by modality, colors, sizes …
- Integration with any payment gateway.
The possibilities end when the ideas run out since absolutely everything you want can be achieved, and many of them for free.
The most curious thing is that WordPress grows more every day. If it continues like this it will end up unseating the rest of the platforms. There are many famous ecommerce companies that at the time their online store was created with other CMS. But later they integrated their blog in WordPress.
It is a popular online store for travel guides in physical and digital format with flight, hotel or car rental offers, as a complement to travel guides.
Magazine and Newspaper Website
Renowned newspapers and famous magazines have turned to WordPress to spread the news on a daily basis. With WordPress you can create magazine websites where you can publish news on any subject. With a design oriented to photography or entertainment, WordPress offers you specific templates or multipurpose themes.
You can get designs as popular and visual as these examples:
New York Times is a New York newspaper with a huge popularity influence. They use WordPress to boost their business.
The University of Washington is a highly respected United States research university. One more example that you can trust WordPress.
A complete web page with access for student area where you can enroll with a payment gateway integrated into the website.
If you want to see reputable music websites, visit this song playback and download website. With playlists and news from the different decades.
Official PlayStation blog for news and updates on this well-known game console.
Walt Disney Company is to be one of the world’s leading producers. Their website is a faithful reflection of confidence in this CMS.
The Facebook blog is also made with WordPress and like this famous platform, many more on same topics.
Sports WordPress Websites
Mavs.com is the official site of this great NBA team, also made in wordpress.
Travel WordPress Websites
The Tripadvisor blog shares travel guides, inspiration for visits and destinations, tips and more. A huge and well-known company like this trusts WordPress.
Blog WordPress Websites
Microsoft stories and news including new features, events and community blogs.
News, notes and ramblings of the Mozilla project, creators of the popular Firefox browser.
This is not everything. In WordPress.org’s “WordPress Website Showcase” you can also find a list of company websites based on a list published annually by Fortune magazine with 500 popular websites created with WordPress. You have it separated by theme. If this seems too little, take a look at all the websites designed with this great CMS.
More types of WordPress Websites
As we have seen you can design absolutely everything. Pay attention to more types of web pages with which you can generate income and achieve popularity:
- Affiliate website niches: Forget about selling your own products and do it with third party products generating a small commission. There are many online companies that offer the affiliation system.
- Coupon Websites: Design a site to generate discount coupons for events or products. There are specific predesigned templates for this.
- Sites in several languages: With WordPress you can create a multi-language website without problem.
- Auction Websites: If you need to design a website where to do auctions, choose this platform.
- Sale of photographs: Photography is in high demand. There is a lot of hobby and many authors need places where they can hang their own photographs in order to sell them.
- Membership: Selling courses online in a private area is a good way to create a community of students where everyone can follow the lessons at their own pace paying a periodic fee.
- Online communities: Forums or communities can be created with WordPress.
- Podcast website: Podcast is increasingly in demand. Ivoox, Itunes or any other Podcast platform can be easily integrated into WordPress.
- Real estate: If you need to create website for real estate you can do it thanks to personalized templates.
- Job offers: The supply and demand of employment online is another topic to deal with WordPress.
- Private Blogs: Any public website with private areas can be created with WordPress easily.
- Content promotion portals: Platforms like bloguers.net allow you to upload blog content to share or promote blog articles.
- Advertising website: Create advertising portals where providers can advertise their businesses.
- Buying and selling articles: It is very common to find platforms to buy or sell posts for the blog.
- Non-profit website or religious organizations: Perfectly compatible with WordPress this type of non-profit association is in high demand.
These are just some of the examples of popular web pages designed with WordPress. Certainly in a few years it is very likely that the big brand websites created with this CMS will multiply. Companies, news, corporate websites, magazines, e-commerce sites, celebrities and even musicians. Everything has a place in WordPress.