Losing your smart device can stimulate existential panic – way beyond losing your wallet or keys. And then the first question we ask is how to track a phone?
That’s because, in addition to its financial worth, your phone loads a lot of important and personal details about you and your family.
The concept of a complete stranger accessing these personal details is creepy.
And yet, individuals lose their mobile phones every day.
While you pumping at the gas station or in restaurants, grocery stores, parks, bars or some creep manages to get hold of it from your pocket.
It doesn’t matter how it occurred – you want your phone back, and you want it back now.
There are lots of ways to recover your missing phone.
If it’s a smartphone or tablet running iOS or Android, you already have the application required to hunt it down – or there are a range of third-party apps you can install to track your phone.
Table of content:
How to Track a Phone Location
We all at least once wanted to find out or track the location of someone’s phone.
In case we lose the phone or have some emergency knowing the location of the phone would be helpful to us.
It is normal to assume that such a task is difficult and requires certain skills.
Today we have applications available for various purposes. Among other things, applications for spying and tracking the location of phone devices
These spying apps work through a web browser and no hacking knowledge is required.
They allow us to easily, accurately, and anonymously track the location of any phone device.
Using spy applications is very easy. The main issue is which application to use because a large number of these applications are available online.
Therefore, we will now show you a list of trusted tracking applications
First on the list is Spyier. This application is done professionally and is easy and safe to use and can be used on both platforms, iOS and Android.
It uses an invisible mode that gives us anonymous tracking. Spyier has over 30 different tracking functions.
It is possible to track someone’s location only by phone number. App also provides tracking of calls records, text messages, accounts for various social networks, and much more.
Some of the features that Spyier has:
- The application uses WiFi and GPS to track the location in real-time.
- Phone carrier information
- IMEI phone number from the phone being tracked
- Notification of network or SIM card change
Spyine is used in more than 190 countries. It can be used on Android and iOS.
Websites like TechCrunch, The New York Times, BBC, and Forbes made good reviews for this app.
Spyine ranks first on the list as the most discreet tracking application
It allows us to discreetly track the location of a mobile user without any possibility for him to find out
Spyine guarantees that its application cannot be detected on both platforms, Android and iOS. Why?
There is no need to install the application for iOS users because it works as a website application.
The application uses gadgets iCloud account and therefore it is impossible to detect it on iOS devices
For devices running Android, you need to install a small 2 MB app on the target gadget.
After you set up the app, you can choose to conceal it. The app then runs, undetectably, in the background.
Because she’s small, hidden, and does not drain the phone’s battery it is very difficult to detect it.
Another popular app for tracking is Spyic.
The application can be used on iOS and Android devices. It is reliable and has a large number of users around the world.
It allows us to secretly monitor the location of the device through a browser.
Spyic has been positively evaluated by significant media channels like Mashable, BuzzFeed, and BBC, which makes it a reliable option.
BBC, Mashable, and BuzzFeed rated it excellent which guarantees us the quality of service that Spyic provides.
This application provides us with several useful functions for tracking the location and phone number of the user:
- Phone tracking via sim card.
- Notification if the phone number changes.
- It has a virtual map for monitoring devices.
- It has a history of device movements and locations.
If you need a parental control app Minspy is a great option.
If you want to track the location of your children’s phone Minspy is a great choice.
In addition to having parental controls, this app also has a location tracker.
It’s easy to use, provides a vibrant user interface, and works easily from any internet browser.
This app can also be used on iOS and Android devices.
Here are Minspy’s most significant functions:
- Real-time location tracking.
- It has a geofence option ( notification if the child leaves a defined area).
- Easy to use web-based user interface.
How to Track a Phone that is Lost
It doesn’t matter if you have lost an Android or an iPhone, the fact is that it can quickly be tracked.
You just need the right tools to find it.
When I lost my phone, I checked out some of the options to track lost cell phone.
Let’s continue and learn more about lost phone tracker in detail.
FamiSafe – Lost Phone Tracker
FamiSafe is certainly the best method to track a phone that is lost from another location.
It can track the gadget on a real-time basis. For that reason, you would get its precise location without a problem.
- FamiSafe tracks location in real-time for Android & iOS gadget
- You can also see the past location path and get immediate notifications whenever the gadget leaves the defined geofences.
- Simply access it once and set up the tracking app on the phone.
- You can track lost Android phone & iPhone remotely through its mobile app.
- No need to root the target device
To find out how to track a lost phone using FamiSafe. You can just follow these simple actions:
1. Set up FamiSafe on both parent and kid’s phones.
2. Enter the app and register a new account. You can use the same account for both phones.
3. Setup settings on both Kid’s and parent’s phones. Connect a kid’s phone with a parent’s phone. Define the type of device you want to track and supply some extra details.
4. With FamiSafe you can monitor location, block app, filter websites, and much more. You can begin to locate the lost phone now.
5. From the left panel, go to the “Live Location” function. Here, you will get the real-time location of the gadget and the past location records.
Find my Device by Google
How to Track a Phone with Google
If you have an Android device, then you can take the help of the Find my Device function to locate it.
It is developed by Google and can assist you to track lost Android phone from another location.
Whenever you want to track your lost phone, this is the first thing that you should do.
To find out how to track a lost android phone, follow these actions:
1. Go to Play Store and download the “Find my Device” app on your gadget.
2. You can also go to your phone Settings > Security and turn on the option of “Remotely locate this device”.
3. Now, whenever you want to locate your phone, go to Google’s Find my Device website and log-in to the Google account that is connected to the phone.
4. Select the phone that you want to track. The user interface will instantly locate the phone for you.
5. You can zoom in to get the precise location of the phone. From here, you can also ring, lock, or clean the phone remotely.
Find my iPhone by Apple
Similar to Google, Apple also offers a smooth option to track lost iPhone.
The Find my iPhone is a service that can assist you to locate your lost or stolen phone.
To find out how to track a lost iPhone, you can follow these actions:
1. First of all, go to your phone’s iCloud Settings and tap on “Find my iPhone”. Turn the function on so that you can locate the phone from another location.
2. Now, whenever you want to track lost iPhone, go to the iCloud official website and log-in to the account that is connected to your phone.
3. From its welcome screen, launch the “Find my iPhone” user interface.
4. Select the phone that you want to find from the dropdown option.
5. The user interface will show its precise location with some other functions.
How to Track a Phone by GPS
Using GPS to track somebody’s activities through phones is increasing day by day.
There are lots of tracking apps that let you track the target phone. However, only a handful of them works effectively.
Some users are aware of tracking apps, but they do not understand how to track a phone using GPS.
We will now suggest you a list of apps that you can try:
Life360 is another popular app for tracking your phone by GPS.
It is available for iOS and Android devices. It is great for tracking family members in real-time.
Its interface is user friendly and allows the creation of circles and groups.
- You can see the route details for family members.
- Sharing a location among the members is very easy.
- It has private and group messaging.
- Alerts if anyone’s phone is running low on battery.
- Smart Notifications inform you when your family comes and goes from your most frequented Places.
- Crash Detection that alerts your Emergency Contacts and sends an ambulance to your location immediately.
mSpy is a GPS location tracking app available on iOS and Android devices.
In addition to the option for GPS location tracking, it also provides tracking of social networks such as Facebook and WhatsUp
- Real-time location tracking.
- It can track calls, messages, and internet usage.
- Easy to use interface.
xFi locator is a very useful application for tracking location with GPS. Available for iOS and Android devices.
It is intended for tracking friends and family members.
- It shows a very precise location
- It has an auto-saving option.